Shawn Shan is a business initiatives manager with a leading international information technology company. Dr Shan has taught information technology and management courses in both university and corporate environments and published research papers in renowned international journals and conferences. He has also had various information systems management roles in a number of industry sectors such as banking, telecommunications, automobiles and manufacturing, and has been involved in corporate information technology and information systems strategic development and management training.
His combination of academic knowledge and practitioner experience provides a unique perspective. Dr Shan's teaching interests are in management information systems, program and project management, business process management and management and leadership training. As a research scientist at National University of Singapore from 1991 to 1994, Dr Shan also taught information technology-related subjects to undergraduate students and supervised post-graduate students. He received his PhD from the National University of Singapore and his MBA from University of Queensland.
- Master of Business Administration
- Postgraduate Diploma of Business Administration
- Master of Management in Information Technology
- Postgraduate Diploma of Information Technology Management
- Postgraduate Certificate of Information Technology Management
- Certificate of Professional Development
- 650: e-Business
- 701: Project Management
- 770: Information Technology Systems for Business
- 2800: IS Project Management
- Project Management Professional (PMP); Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Senior Member; Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME)
- "Cultural Divide and its Impact on Communication and Managerial Skills", Corporate Internal Report, 2002.
- "An Integrated Computer Aided Process Planning System", Journal of Computers in Industry, Vol.14, pp.281.
- Multi-Order Clustering: an Effective Cluster Algorithm for management information", Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Engineering, Vol.2, pp.204.
- "Process Planning Knowledge Acquisition", R.P. Judd and N.A. Kheir (Eds): Intelligent Manufacturing Systems, pp.157, Pergamon Press.
- "Organisational Analysis - an IT business unit in a financial institute", Corporate Internal Report, 2000.
- "Integrated Application of Expert Systems and Neural Networks for Operation Sequencing", ASME Winter Annual Meeting, 1992, Anaheim, CA.
- "A Framework to Developing Design Information Systems", International Conference on Data and Knowledge Systems, 1994, Hong Kong.
- "Risk Management", Corporate Project Management Capability Enhancement Program, 2003, Melbourne, Australia.
- Impact of Concurrent Engineering. This was a three month project to assess potential, resources and benefits of university-industry R&D collaboration.
- Professional development program for project managers. This is a continuing program to provide mentoring and coaching to project managers in the corporate.