Postgraduate Diploma of Business Administration with an articulation option to the University of Nottingham's Master of Science in Tourism and Travel Management
|Delivery mode||100% online for both U21Global and the University of Nottingham segments|
|Duration of Programme||Average : 30 months – 60 months (max)|
|Assessment|| U21Global: Case analyses 45%; Discussion board activities 30%; Final examination (online) 25%|
The University of Nottingham: Assessment 100%
|Requirements for Graduation||Completion of 6 subjects from U21Global and 4 subjects (3 mandatory + 1 elective) and dissertation from the University of Nottingham.|
|Certification||Upon completion, you will be awarded the Postgraduate Diploma of Business Administration certificate by U21Global with the crests of the partner universities and Master of Science in Tourism and Travel Management by the University of Nottingham.|
|Others|| Programme Details|
The Master of Science (MSc) in Tourism & Travel Management is an exciting programme which leverages on the expertise of two institutions - U21Global and The University of Nottingham.
The programme combines study through U21Global and The University of Nottingham, leading to the award of two qualifications - U21Global's Postgraduate Diploma of Business Administration and a Master of Science (MSc) in Tourism and Travel Management from The University of Nottingham.
The combined programme aims to develop a broad understanding of management principles and practices applicable to the tourism and travel industries. The course focuses on all aspects of tourism management, including managing people, managing financial resources, market research, marketing and strategy, eBusiness, tourism policy and planning, cultural and heritage tourism, consumer behaviour, sustainability and service delivery.
The programme is ideal for graduates who want to develop skills in the management and marketing of tourism and travel. You may already be working in the industry and want to enhance your knowledge or you may be looking to gain skills that would enable you to join this vibrant industry.
Developed by the Christel DeHaan Tourism and Travel Research Institute (an integral part of Nottingham University Business School), the programme comprises 10 subjects and a dissertation, delivered through an eLearning platform.
Nottingham University Business School is a leading centre for management education in one of UK's most prominent and popular universities. The School is highly ranked as an international business school, both for its research and teaching.
After successful completion of the six U21Global subjects and two subjects from The University of Nottingham, students will receive an Postgraduate Diploma of Business Administration certificate from U21Global.
Credits will be transferred to The University of Nottingham degree course after completion of the six Postgraduate Diploma subjects is conditional upon a minimum GPA of 2.5
Upon completion of the remaining two subjects and the dissertation, students will then receive a Master of Science in Tourism and Travel Management certificate from The University of Nottingham.
For the subject descriptions, please click on the following links:
- Organisational Behaviour
- Marketing Management
- Strategic Management
- Data Analysis for Managers
The University of Nottingham subjects:
- Service Quality in Travel and Tourism
- Understanding the Tourism Consumer
- Sustainable Tourism(elective)
- Heritage and Cultural Tourism(elective)
- Tourism Management
- Destination Management(elective)
The individual dissertation will be prepared on an approved subject relevant to the MSc in Tourism and Travel Management supported by online supervision and online guidance regarding dissertation preparation.
All applicants will be considered on their individual merit. You may be admitted to the programme by meeting the following criteria:
- A Bachelor's degree from a recognised university (applicants without a bachelor's degree may be considered for admission if the applicant has a minimum of eight years relevant work experience, five years of which are in a management capacity)
- A minimum of two years management or professional experience for applicants with a GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) score of at least 600
- A minimum of three years management or professional experience for applicants without GMAT
- Evidence of English proficiency for applicants whose first language is not English and who have not undertaken tertiary education in English. The minimum language requirements are either:
- Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing Service) score of 6.5 with an individual writing score of at least 6.0; or
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of at least 550 with a Test of Written English (TWE) score of at least 5.0, or TOEFL Internet-based Test with a minimum score of at least 79; or
- BULATS (Business Language Testing Service) at level 4
- A statement of motivation for success through a 500-word essay
- Two references (at least one referee should be familiar with the applicant's employment record)
- Current resume / CV
- Original transcripts (or certified true copies) of all post-secondary qualifications. Documents not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation
- Original (or certified true copy) of GMAT scores, if applicable
- Original (or certified true copy) of TOEFL or IELTS score report, if applicable
Applications are welcome throughout the year. All applicants will be considered on individual merit. Applicants must complete the U21Global application form available. Admission decisions are made one to two weeks after completed applications are received.
- one-time non-refundable application fee of US$50 applies upon application submission.
- A one-time non-refundable registration fee of US$100 applies upon acceptance of the offer from U21Global.